- Reviews (0)
- A sunrise Nagarkot trip with Changu Narayan hike
- Enjoy panoramic views over the Himalayas, followed by a gentle guided hike
- Stop along the route to enjoy local Newari delicacies in family-run shops
- Spend time exploring the UNESCO-listed temple that most visitors miss
A mountain village in Nepal, Nagarkot is famous for its sunrise views over the Himalayas. On this tour from Kathmandu, enjoy an early morning panorama over world-renowned peaks before a scenic hike to Changu Narayan. Visit other villages as you make your way through the country’s picturesque hillsides before arriving at the UNESCO-listed temple. A private guide means plenty of personal attention, and hotel pickup makes for a seamless experience.
What to Expect
After early morning hotel pickup from your hotel, relax on the ride to Nagarkot, where you’ll have a chance to view the world-famous sunrise panorama over the iconic mountain chain.Then, prepare to stretch your legs with a gentle trek through local villages and terraced hillsides. You’ll follow your guide on a smooth, downhill hike to the UNESCO-listed temple of Changu Narayan, a hidden gem that’s often overlooked by visitors.
On the way, you’ll pass by red-brick Tamang and Newari homes, getting a slice of local life that most tours miss. You’ll even have the opportunity to stop and sample local delicacies by the tiny, family-run eateries that are scattered en route. Arriving at the temple, you’ll get a one-of-a-kind peek at the local artisans that are keeping stone and wood-carving traditions alive.
Your tour ends with drop-off back at your departure point.
We pick up from all hotels inside ring road including Boudha area, Bhaktapur and Nagarkot area.
- Professional guide
- Transport by private vehicle
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Required entrance fee & local taxes
- Entry/Admission – Nagarkot View point tower
- Entry/Admission – Changu Narayan
- Food and drinks
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- In the event of poor weather or bad traffic conditions, tour itinerary is subject to change without notice. No cancellations or refunds will be issued. See voucher for details
- We recommend you bring warm clothing during winter
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- What’s App: +977 9851104438
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.