Work Visa for Singapore
Singapore is one of the most expensive cities in the world, but the booming economy, vibrant city culture and a wide range from moving in here for work opportunities never fails to attract expats from around the globe. Whether you are planning to visit this South East Asian gem for pursuing higher studies, to find a job or to start your own business, the nation holds a great appeal. Many people see this city as an Asian base to draw knowledge and skills with a large number of global companies having their base in the city of Singapore. If you are planning to move to Singapore for work, then a Work Visa is the most appropriate Singapore Visa for you.
What is a Singapore Work Visa?
A work visa, which is known as work pass in Singapore, is a work permit that enables the foreign national to work in Singapore for a particular period of time. All foreign nationals are required to have a work permit or a work pass to take up employment legally in Singapore.
To be eligible for the Work Pass in Singapore, the candidate must fulfill the following criteria:
- The applicant must have a valid passport.
- He/she must be at least 18 years of age. For Malaysians, the age limit is maximum 58 years and Non-Malaysians is 50 years.
- An applicant can work only with the scope of work mentioned in their respective work permits and are not allowed to exceed the mentioned time. Also, running your own business without having a valid work permit is illegal and can lend you in prison.
Types of Work Visa in Singapore
There are several types of work visas in Singapore for people looking for skilled jobs in Singapore. Depending on the type of your work you canapply for the appropriate visa. Here are the most common and widely issued visa types:
- Entre Pass: This work permit is issued to the foreign entrepreneurs who wishto start their own business venture in Singapore.
- Employment Pass: This permit is for foreign professionals, managers and executive level people who would earn more than S$3,600 and hold the required qualifications.
- Personalized Employment Pass: This work permit gives more flexibility of work than an Employment pass and is issued to those with a higher salary.
- S pass: This pass is issued to the mid-level skilled workers. If you wish to apply for this pass, then you must be earning at least S$2,200 per month and must meet the assessment criteria.
- Miscellaneous Pass: This visa type is issued to foreign nationals working in Singapore for a short-term basis.
The Singapore Visa fees are as follows:
|Type of Visa||Singapore Visa Fee|
|Multiple Journey Visa||S$30|
|Short-Term Visit Pass Extension||S$40|
|Long-Term Visit Pass (Issued by the Immigration and Checkpoint Authority (ICA))|
|Long-Term Visit Pass (Issued by the Ministry of Manpower (MOM))|
|Entry Permit for PR application||S$20|
|5-year Re-Entry Permit||S$50|
Documents required for Singapore Work Visa
- Valid passport
- Duly filled application form
- Copies of education certificates
- Past employment testimonials
- 2 recent color photographs
- Detailed description of the type of work to be performed by the applicant in Singapore
- Company’s appointment letter
Follow the below mentioned application process that is followed in Singapore:
- The employer or the Visa agent needs to submit an application on behalf of the applicant. They need to get a written consent from the employee to apply for the work permit.
- Fill out the application form along with all the required documents.
- Pay the online fee
- Once the application process is done, you can check the status of the application after a week on the official website of Singapore Work Permit.
- Once the visa application is approved, a print of the in-principle approval letter (IPA) should be taken.
- Within the 2 weeks of the arrival of the employee, the employer or the agent has to get the permit issued. They have to provide an address where the work permit card has to be delivered, and they also need to nominate at least 3 recipients and submit their IC/FIN/ passport number and contact numbers.
A work permit or a work pass is usually issued for a working period of up to 2 years. However, it may vary from the Employment term and depends on various other details.
Need help with your Singapore Work Visa application?
Applying for a Singapore Work Visa is comparatively complicated than a Singapore tourist visa or a Student visa and even minute mistakescan result in getting your visa refused by the High Commission. To ensure you get your Singapore work visa successfully, it is best to take help of an experienced visa agent. zooFamily is an expert when it comes to Singapore’s Immigration laws and Regulations. With professional services delivered by our experienced Visa experts, zooFamily provides its customers with a swift and effortless visa processing.