Airports in Bangladesh | Bangladeshi Airports details
Bangladesh has overall 15 airports. However, Bangladesh has three international airports, with the rest twelve serving domestic flights. Moreover, there are two types of Airports in Bangladesh. These are :
- International Airports
- Domestic Airports
International Airports in Bangladesh:
An international airport acts as a point of entry and departure for international aviation traffic, where customs, immigration, public health, animal and plant quarantine, and other activities are carried out. Moreover, these airports follow International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) guidelines.
The Airports are:
- Firstly, Hazrat Shahjalal International Airport, Dhaka
- Secondly, Shah Amanat International Airport, Chattogram
- Thirdly, Osmani International Airport, Sylhet
1. Hazrat Shahjalal International Airport, Dhaka:
This is the country’s most important and biggest international airport. However, it is located in Dhaka, which is the capital city of Bangladesh. Moreover, almost all international tourists arrive and depart from HSIA. In addition, it is responsible for more than 90% of CAAB’s aeronautical functions.
General Information of HSIA
- ICAO ID: VGHS
- IATA CODE: DAC
- Latitude: 05N
- Longitude: 02E
- TWR FREQ: 3 MHz, 119.3 MHz
- ACC FREQ: 7 MHz, 129.7 MHz
- DVOR: 7 MHz
- NDB: 298 kHz
Hazrat ShahJalal International Airport Facilities:
Hazrat Shahjalal International Airports provides different kinds of facilities to their users. Here we have listed some of the facilities for the users.
- Multi-storied car parking along with open car parking facilities
- Passenger lounge
- Free luggage Trolley
- Wheelchair facilities for physically disabled passengers
- Visitor facilities
- Banking System
- Duty-Free Shop
- Hotel Booking System
- Flight Information Display System
- Cargo Services
2. Shah Amanat International Airport, Chattogram:
Shah Amanat International Airport is located in the port city of Chattogram. However, it is the country’s second biggest airport and acts as a backup to HSIA.
General Information of SAIA
- ICAO ID: VGEG
- IATA CODE: CGP
- Latitude: 221525.28N
- Longitude: 95E
- TWR FREQ: 4 MHz, 119.4 MHz
- VOR: 113.4 MHz
- NDB: 287 Khz
- Parking: SAIA provides parking facilities. Moreover, any passenger vehicle can be parked for up to 1 day at SAIA.
- Banking Services: This airport provides banking services. In addition, foreign currency exchange is available at the terminal.
- Hotel Reservations: The Shah Amanat International Airports Authority can make hotel reservations. Anyone may book a hotel from the airport lounge.
- Security: For security reasons, there are a huge number of armed forces members present, as well as closed circuit cameras.
- FIDS and Luggage Wrapping: A Flight Information Display System (FIDS) and luggage wrapping services are offered from the Airport Authority.
3. Osmani International Airport, Sylhet:
It lies in the city of Sylhet, in the north-east corner of Bangladesh. Moreover, it was refurbished to become an international institution that would better serve the citizens of the region, which has a large British population.
General Information of OIA
- ICAO ID: VGSY
- IATA CODE: ZYL
- Latitude: 245740.83N
- Longitude: 0915217.89E
- TWR FREQ: 122.9 MHz, 122.5 MHz
- VOR: 116.4 MHz
- NDB: 372 kHz
- Car parking facility
- Luggage Trolley
- Wheelchair Facility
- First Aid
- Banking System
- Cargo Service
Domestic Airports in Bangladesh:
An airport that only handles domestic or intra-Bangladesh flights is called a “domestic airport”. Moreover, there are a total of 12 domestic airports in Bangladesh. However, currently, only five of these airports are active. Three airports are seeking clearance, while the others do not provide any services.
Operational Domestic Airports in Bangladesh:
Bangladesh has five domestic airports that are up and running. Moreover, passengers can travel to different parts of Bangladesh from these airports.
- Firstly, Cox’s Bazar Airport
- Secondly, Shah Makhdum Airport, Rajshahi
- Thirdly, Jessore Airport
- Fourthly, Saidpur Airport
- Lastly, Barishal Airport
Needs prior approval for Domestic air operation:
These three airports are totally ready and equipped to handle domestic flights. However, these will start functioning when they have been approved.
- Firstly, Tejgaon Airport
- Secondly, Bogura Airport
- Thirdly, Shamshernagar Airport (STOL)
There are three airports that are operational, however, they do not provide any services.
The airport’s list is given below:
- Firstly, Ishurdi Airport
- Secondly, Comilla Airport (STOL)
- Thirdly, Thakurgaon Airport.
Under Construction Airports:
The Khan Jahan Ali Airport in Bagherhat is one of Bangladesh’s unfinished airports. However, it is expected to acquire authorization for a fully operational aircraft activity in the near future.
Related Post: Airways Office | zooholiday | Travel News BD | zooIT | zooFamily