Can I enter Mexico with a US visa? | Travelling to Mexico with a US visa

Can I enter Mexico with a US visa?

Yes. You can enter Mexico with a US visa. Any nationality with a valid US visa can enter Mexico without requiring a Mexican visa. The US visa must be valid during the entire stay in Mexico. You can use any US visa, including tourist, work, study and transit visas. 

The airline staff and Mexican immigration officers are well aware of this visa requirement. There is no need to explain anything at the check-in or immigration. Just present your passport and US visa. 

Mexican immigration officers at land and seaports are also aware of these visa requirements, so entering Mexico with a US visa via land or seaports is a breeze. 

Travelling to Mexico with a US visa

Mexico offers visa exemption to any nationality holding a valid US, UK, Canada, Schengen or Japan visa. Therefore, those that require a visa to Mexico can substitute a valid US visa for a Mexico visa.

I entered Mexico several times using my US B1/B2 and H1B visas via popular airports like Mexico City and Cancun and the seaport at Chetumal. 

The airport staff and immigration officials are very well aware of this requirement. So they don’t make a fuss about not holding a Mexican visa. They would check your passport for your US visa and then let you in. 

If your US visa is valid but in your old/expired passport, make sure to bring your old passport along with your new one. Present both passports and tell the airline staff or immigration officer that your US visa is in your old passport. 

Can I travel to Mexico with US B1/B2 visa?

Yes. You can travel to Mexico with US B1/B2 visa. Any nationality with a valid US B1, B2 or B1/B2 visa can enter Mexico without requiring a Mexican visa. 

Remember that your US B1/B2 visa must be valid for the entire duration of your stay in Mexico. 

Your US B1/B2 visa can be used or unused. If you have a fresh US visa and haven’t used it to travel to the US yet, you can still use that US B1/B2 visa to enter Mexico.

All you have to do is to present your passport and valid US B1/B2 visa to the border officials.

Citizens from the following countries who wish to visit Mexico as tourists, in transit, for business, technical activities, as journalists or for studies, for a period not exceeding 180 days, and who will not receive any remuneration at all in Mexican territory, do not require a visa:

Andorra, Argentina, Australia, Austria, Bahamas, Barbados, Belgium, Belize, Bulgaria, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Cook Islands, Costa Rica, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estado Plurinacional de Bolivia, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Jamaica, Japan, Latvia, Lichtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macau, Malaysia, Malta, Marshall Islands, Micronesia, Monaco, Netherlands, New Zealand, Niue, Norway, Palau, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Poland, Portugal, Romania, San Marino, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Trinidad and Tobago, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, United States of America, Uruguay.

zooFamily – Travel Agents Community organisers: Airways OfficeTravelzoo BD Ltdzoo Info Tech Travel News BD | Airlines Office